[One day seminar on agile software development for Array Seminars in Hotel Lapershoek in Hilversum]
During this intensive one day seminar Belgian guest speaker Stefaan van Royen and I cover a wide range of subjects on agile software development.
Guest speaker Stefaan van Royen (TomTom)
The following subjects where on the program:
- Why waterfall won’t work.
- Agile manifesto.
- Agile key principles: short iterations, small units of work, collaborative teams.
- An overview of agile processes: extreme programming, Scrum, Smart, DSDM, OpenUP, MSF Agile, Crystal Clear, Lean, Kanban.
- Getting things done. Examples of everyday life in agile projects.
- An firm introduction in Scrum.
- Roles in agile projects, beyond the ordinary. The project manager, coaches, analysts, customers, developers, testers.
- Agile best practices.
- Agile requirements techniques: user stories, huge cases, smart use cases.
- Agile dashboarding techniques
- Agile anti-patterns: Bob the Builder, Scrumdamentalists, user stories in enterprise agile projects, guesstimation.
Participants rated the seminar on average at 8.2.
Recommended reading on agile software development